[rt-users] LDAP authentication..

MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us
Wed Nov 30 14:34:37 EST 2005

TeleMole,
It seems to me that rather than LDAP, you are really wanting to
authenticate against NDS/eDir...
I was thinking about the way that Novell uses Apache2 for some of their
existing products however, and figured that they must have _something_
that would work, so I found this:
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/MOD_EDIR_-_Apache_2.0_Web_Server_eDirectory_Services_Module
This is an Apache2 module for Novell's eDirectory - souce is provided, so
it seems like that would fit your bill a little better.
 I have a colleague that uses LDAP authentication with AD, and they just
deal with the LDAP syntax of cn=blah,ou=blah,o=blah since only their techs
actually login to the web interface. I would imagine that you would need
the NetWare client for true single signon.
Best of luck! If I get a chance, I'll give it a try in our lab over here
(we have eDir 8.7.) and see if I can get it working. We rolled out eDir
AFTER RT, so I haven't thought much about a cutover yet.