[rt-users] [Fwd: Multiple email addresses for a single login name]

Phil Cole filc at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 1 07:51:31 EDT 2005

I had the a similar problem to this.  I had the situation where a user
can have multiple email aliases within MS Exchange 5.5 LDAP.  e.g.

   UserName: joeb
   Primary Email: joeb at company.com
   Alternate Email 1: joe.b at company.com
   Alternate Email 2: joe.bloggs at company.com

To get all of the above email addresses converted into username joeb
when using both the email and web interface used
CreateUserFromExternalAuth (as on the wiki) and amended it to cater for
multiple email addresses.  You can see the results on the wiki here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?AutoCreateAndCanonicalizeUserInfo

Hope this helps

--
Phil Cole