[rt-users] Authentication against AD works but...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Oct 3 17:59:01 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 13:23, Francois Meehan wrote:

> Got the book, found the use of $WebExternalAuth and in no time we were
> able to authenticate RT users against Active directory! Hooray.
>
> Only to discover that it broke the mail gateway. Is there a way to have
> rt-mailgate to send a "user" and a "password", or is there another way to
> deal with this?
>
> Tried to run the stand alone server, but it did not like the rt-mailgate
> requests...

You have probably configured apache to require authentication for the
entire rt installation, and the /NoAuth directory needs to be an
exception.  Something like:

    <LocationMatch "/NoAuth">
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
   </LocationMatch>

should do it. Adjust if the location is really /rt/NoAuth in your
installation.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com