[rt-users] Modification: Showing tickets in queues you watch on the front page

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Mon Oct 3 20:44:42 EDT 2005

Okay I didn't get any response on this so I'm gonna include rt-devel and
see if I get any bites.

I found code to do it for RT2, but it breaks under Rt3:

my $userEmail = $session{'CurrentUser'}->EmailAddress;
my $queueCount = 0;
my $Queues = new RT::Queues($session{'CurrentUser'});
$Queues->UnLimit();

my $Tickets = new RT::Tickets ($session{'CurrentUser'});
$Tickets->ClearRestrictions;
$Tickets->LimitOwner(VALUE => "Nobody");
$Tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => "resolved", OPERATOR => '!=');
$Tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => "dead", OPERATOR => '!=');

while (my $queue = $Queues->Next) {
                 my $watcherEmails = $queue->Watchers()->EmailsAsString();
     next if $watcherEmails !~ /\b$userEmail/;
     $queueCount++;
     $Tickets->LimitQueue(VALUE => $queue->id);
}

$Tickets->OrderBy(FIELD => 'Priority', ORDER => 'DESC');
$Tickets->RowsPerPage(25);

The Rt3 way seems to be about using query strings.. but I'm missing the
part where I'm searching all queues that the current user is a watcher on.

Any help would be awesome.. thanks!

--Andy