[rt-users] MySQL InnoDB

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:25:59 EDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Roberto Dud (listas) <listas at dud.com.br> wrote:
> Mrs,
>
> When I have to enter the comand "make initialize-database", I have a
> error in MySQL. See below:
>
> Creating mysql database rt3.
> RT requires that MySQL be compiled with InnoDB table support.
> See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB.html
> make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255
>

> I read de DOCS but don't work. What the configuration needs in "my.cnf"?
There is shouldn't be "skip-innodb" option in my.cnf.
Out put of the "show variables like 'have_%';" from mysql console must
say you have innodb.

And your my.cnf should look like:
# the rest of the innodb config follows:
# don't eat too much memory, we're trying to be safe on 64Mb boxes.
# you might want to bump this up a bit on boxes with more RAM
innodb_buffer_pool_size                 = 16M
# this is the default, increase if you have lots of tables
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size         = 2M

# i'd like to use /var/lib/mysql/innodb, but that is seen as a database :-(
# and upstream wants things to be under /var/lib/mysql/, so that's the route
# we have to take for the moment
innodb_data_home_dir                    = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir                     = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_group_home_dir               = /var/lib/mysql/
# you may wish to change this size to be more suitable for your system
# the max is there to avoid run-away growth on your machine
innodb_data_file_path                   = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
# we keep this at around 25% of of innodb_buffer_pool_size
# sensible values range from 1MB to
(1/innodb_log_files_in_group*innodb_buffer_pool_size)
innodb_log_file_size                    = 5M
# this is the default, increase if you have very large transactions.
innodb_log_buffer_size                  = 8M
# this is the default, and won't hurt you.
# you shouldn't need to tweak it.
innodb_log_files_in_group               = 2
# see the innodb config docs, the other options are not always safe
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit          = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout                = 50

--
Best regards, Ruslan.