[rt-users] RT for CRM?

Jonathan Kelly j.kelly at julien.ca
Wed Oct 5 12:34:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

In one of the chapters of the fine RT Essentials book*, there's mention
of RT in a CRM-type context. We're currently using RT for customer
support and I hear rumblings of a CRM project in the next few months.
This got me wondering: what would be missing in RT for it to act as a
"Customer Tracker" as well as a request tracker?

A CRM-enabled RT would introduce the concept of "Account" management
which would allow to link tickets to Accounts and link users to Accounts
(which would be contacts). The account contains the usual company info
(address, industry, etc).

I believe the rest of the CRM features (activities, leads,
opportunities, etc.) could be managed through ticket queues and custom
fields. A nice bonus, though, would be to have the classic "full
customer view" screen where you can see the contact info and a summary
of all his open tickets.

What do you guys think? Any success stories or caveats of using RT to do
CRM?

Regards,

-
Jonathan Kelly
-
*(every time you use RT while not owning this book God kills a kitten).

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel, peut être protégé par le secret professionnel et est à l'usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus.  Toute autre personne est par les présentes avisée qu'il lui est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le distribuer ou le reproduire.  Si le destinataire ne peut être joint ou vous est inconnu, veuillez nous en informer sur-le-champ par téléphone au 1-800-461-3377 et détruire ce message et toute copie de celui-ci. Merci.

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform us immediately by telephone at 1-800-461-3377 and delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.