[rt-users] On Transaction access to Transaction Custom Fields

John Knag empireofjade at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:22:17 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've seen this question kicked around the mailing list, but I haven't seen a
definative answer.
Is it possible to access a transaction custom field in an on transaction
scrip in RT 3.4.4?

I have a Transaction custom field called "CF"

I have the following scrip:

Custom condition:
if ($self->TransactionObj->TimeTaken > 0) {   return 1; } else {   return
undef; } #works fine

Custom action prep code:
return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:
my $cfc = $self->TransactionObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('CF');
$RT::Logger->error($cfc);

I don't get any output to the log.  I read that this was a bug with 3.4.2
that it didn't update the custom field values before executing the scrips
for a transaction, but that this was fixed in 3.4.3.  Has anyone been able
to do this?  Is there a patch for 3.4.4 that I've missed that covers this?
I'd love some help.

Thanks,

John Knag
GC InfoTech, LLC