[rt-users] Question about Query Builder

Jeremy Stinson laxplayer at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 10:56:16 EDT 2005

I do apologize. There are three questions in this mess...

1) We are creating separate queues for each of our customers and allowing them to log into RT to look at open tickets and create tickets on their own. When that user clicks on the "Ticket" link on the left and brings up the Query Builder, the user has the ability to see all the users on the system in the Owners drop-down. This user doesn't have rights to see other queues and in the Query Builder doesn't have the ability to choose other Queues.

My questions is: Is this normal behavior for the tool to allow you to choose other owners even though they don't belong to the same queue? And then that answer brings up a couple more like: Do you have the ability to lock down that user to only see other users who have permission to the same queues as they do? Or, can you remove the "Tickets" link from the left side of the page when a user doesn't have a certain rights (kind of like configuration only showing up when the user has certain rights).

2) I think that all my problems would be solved by using unprivileged users but I have not been able to find the correct rights so that they can see all tickets created by all users for the queues that they have permissions to look at, only tickets for which they are the owner.

Thanks in advance for any insight that you might provide.

PS I just ordered the book in case I'm missing something simple :)

Jeremy