[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.0.11 -> 3.4.4. Am I missing something?

Rob W.W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Mon Oct 10 08:14:59 EDT 2005

Having received my copy of RT Essentials, I have tried to upgrade my
RT3.0.x system to 3.4.4 today. I first made a complete copy of the mysql
database such that I would not be sensitive to upgrade disasters. The
upgrade of that copied database worked fine, but at some point, the
comments and correspondences in the ticket histories showed up only as a
single line, without their contents. This happened in the 3.0 as well as
the 3.4 version (running in two separate apache/mod_perl instances), and
it caused me lots of sweat. I have been playing with the different
daemons running on the server, and concluded that I probably had a
resource problem: with one version of RT running at a time it seemed to
work.

So I decided to finalize the upgrade with a single 3.4 database.

You guess what happens: I now have only one line per transaction again,
and no way of getting the contents of the comments or correspondence
visible any more.....

Help?

Rob Hooft

--