[rt-users] Problem with new install of RT 3.4.4

Bill Sandiford bill at telnetcommunications.com
Mon Oct 10 17:49:43 EDT 2005

I did some more testing and I found out the following, don't know if this
helps or not.

I have found out that all attempts to pull any page, html or otherwise from
this server, gives the same 500 Internal Server Error.  In the apache
error_log its the same old

[error] Can't locate object method "connect" via package "DBI" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
108.\n

So basically any file I tried to access gave me the above error, even if it
was just a simple "hello world" html file.  The only way to stop this
behavious was to comment out the following line in httpd.conf

PerlHandler RT::Mason

After commenting out that line in httpd.conf I figured I'd write just a
little test script and try executing it from the webserver as opposed to
from the command line.  The script I wrote is:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use DBI;
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:mysql:base=rt3","rt_user", "rt_pass",
{RaiseError => 1});

This script ran without causing any errors.  So this tells me that the
problem is somehow related to the RT::Mason line in the httpd.conf

Any ideas?

Bill

PerlHandler RT::Mason