[rt-users] Re: How do I create a new .po file?

Stewart Tranter S.G.Tranter at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Oct 11 06:51:08 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:45:08AM +0100, Stewart Tranter wrote:
>>Where do I need touch the empty.po file?
>

> lib/RT/I18N/.  Same directory as the rest of em.
>

>>Is there not something I need to download or configure in order that "make extract-message-catalogs"
>>works?  At the moment I'm getting "make: *** No rule to make target
>>`extract-message-catalogs'.  Stop."
>

> I may have typoed the Makefile target. If you pop open the Makefile in
> ia text editor, you should see it.

<SNIPed in various places>

I created eo.po (Esperanto) in /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N.

I then looked in the Makefile and saw:

regenerate-catalogs:
         $(PERL) sbin/extract-message-catalog

which is correct.  Still gives the error "Stop" error though as above.
I tried perl sbin/extract-message-catalog as no args seemed to be passed
to the extract-message-catalog, but this seemed to leave everything
untouched, eo.po was still 0 bytes.

What am I doing wrong?  Is my country code to obscure?

Stewart
Stewart Tranter
Computing Services
Loughborough University