[rt-users] [CONTRIB] WhoHasRightsToWhat

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Tue Oct 11 13:03:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 06:10:56PM +0200, Jérôme Fenal wrote:
> 2005/10/11, Todd Chapman <todd at chaka.net>:
> > If your RT's rights setup gets complex this wiki post may help.
> >
> > http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?WhoHasRightsToWhat
>
> YES!
> Thank you for this wonderful contribution.
>
> I made a small correction on the page (colspan), but that is a killer
> view of RT rights!
>
> Thanks again,

Glad you like it. In our setup the user gets a menu under Preferences
called "My Ticket Rights" that answers a lot of questions about who
can do what.

I plan on extending it so that you can bulk change rights on that
page. 2 minutes ago I opened 10 tabs in firefox to give the same
group permissions on 10 different CFs. In the future it could all
be done with one page.

Also, in our company we don't care who knows about the existence of
a custom field even if the user hasn't been given SeeCustomField,
so in this contrib we replace:

my $cfs = RT::CustomFields->new($session{CurrentUser});

with

my $cfs = RT::CustomFields->new($RT::SystemUser);

so that a user knows that CFs exist that the user cannot otherwise see.

-Todd