[rt-users] Re: How do I create a new .po file?

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:26:07 EDT 2005

2005/10/12, Stewart Tranter <S.G.Tranter at lboro.ac.uk>:
> I created an eo.po in /usr/src/build/rt-3.5.5 and re-ran make
> regenerate-message-catalogs.
>
> And hurrah, eo.po was populated.  Can I simply edit this file and place
> it in /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N or is that to simple?

It is that simple. However, you should give a try to kbabel which is
way easier to edit .po files.
It also has useful checks about the .po, such punctuation, right
number of placeholer in translated string compared to the original
one, and so on.

Do not forget to "msgfmt eo.po" to check syntax if you edit it by hand.

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal - jfenal AT gmail.com - http://fenal.org/