[rt-users] First-time RT install questions.

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:57:23 EDT 2005

Ok, now that I have mod_fastcgi installed, I'm trying to configure apache 2
to be able to access RT. I'm finding it very confusing, because the wiki
shows to do it different ways on different pages.

When I try to access the URL https://spot.blackdogsoft.net/rt I get a 403
error page saying I don't have permission to access /rt, and the ssl error
log says "FastCGI: invalid (dynamic) server "/usr/local/rt3/share/html/":
script is a directory!"

In httpd.conf, I added (outside of any virtual host):

<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 10
</IfModule>

and where all of the other modules are loaded:

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

In my ssl virtual host definition, I added:

Alias /rt "/usr/local/rt3/share/html"
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
<Location /rt>
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>
<Directory "/usr/local/rt3">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Other info: my webserver runs as user and group "apache". My RT installation
is all owned by root and group bin, except for some which are group apache.

I could use some help figuring out what I've done wrong, please. I'm sure
it's me, and not the software. :)

If more info is needed, just ask - I'll be glad to provide it.

-ste