[rt-users] First-time RT install questions.

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:21:00 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:

> By the time you replace the stock perl and mysql, you might
> be ahead to update the whole system to Centos-4 which only
> needs the addition of the fastcgi module to work.

I'm not replacing the stock perl, simply adding a newer bersion for use by
RT and anything else that might want it in the future. Replacing MySQL was
trivial - I just uninstalled the stock RPMs and installed the RPMs from the
MySQL site.

Upgrading to CentOS-4 would be nice, but I'm not prepared to do that, just
yet.

--
-ste