[rt-users] Depends on without modify ticket right?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Thu Oct 20 16:47:00 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:18:01PM -0700, Nathan Oyler wrote:
> Using rt 3.4.4
>
> I have permissions separated so that different units cannot modify each
> others tickets.
>
> I would like one unit to be able to set depends on to a ticket they
> cannot modify. This gives a permission denied error currently.
>
> Is there any way to give anyone with permissions the ability to link to
> a ticket, yet not be able to edit the ticket it's linking to?

I have needed something similar and have an idea, but have not
implemented it yet. Actually I see 2 possible ways:

1. Modify Ticket::_AddLink to not check for ModifyTicket on the
other tickets.

2. Leave Ticket::_AddLink alone, but use Hook::LexWrap to see
if the user has ModifyTicket on the other ticket and if not,
grant the right, let _AddLink run, and then revoke the right.

-Todd