[rt-users] Multi-word statuses in RT 3.4.x?

Grant Miller grantmiller1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:39:53 EDT 2005

Is it possible to have a ticket status be multiple words (i.e.
"waiting for input") in RT 3.4.x?.  We have a couple of statuses like
that in our RT2 system and I'm wondering if it will be possible to
move those forward into RT3.

The only limitation I'm finding in RT3 is that in
$RTBASE/local/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm, there are subs defined for
each status:

sub Deferred {
    my $self = shift;
    return ( $self->SetStatus('deferred') );
}

It's against the rules of Perl to let me make the name of a sub be a
multi-word string.

Can I do something like this?

sub WaitingForInput {
    my $self = shift;
    return ( $self->SetStatus('waiting for input') );
}

How does RT know that the sub WaitingForInput is the handler for the
status "waiting for input"?

Thanks in advance!

--
- Grant Miller <grantmiller1 at gmail dot com>