[rt-users] Javascript in Header

Myers, Adam AMyers at abacus-us.com
Mon Oct 24 13:46:18 EDT 2005

I am running RT 3.4.4 / Solaris 10 / Oracle 9g / FastCGI / Apache2.

I have a JavaScript calendar popup that I use for selecting dates on the
interface.  It makes it much easier for users to enter a date instead of
typing the numbers in.  I put in the Header file
(./local/html/Elements/Header) the links to the script files located in
./local/html/NoAuth and it runs great.  The only problem is when I login
to RT the first time it authenticates fine, but as soon as I click on
any link to a new page I am returned to the login page.  When I login
again it then takes me to the appropriate page, and then all is well the
rest of the session.

Here are the links:

<!-- calendar  -->
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all"
href="<%$RT::WebPath%>/NoAuth/jscalendar/calendar-system.css"
title="calendar-system" />
  <script type="text/javascript"
src="<%$RT::WebPath%>/NoAuth/jscalendar/calendar.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript"
src="<%$RT::WebPath%>/NoAuth/jscalendar/calendar-setup.js"></script>

I know that it has to do with the links to NoAuth because I have
commented them out and it runs great.  I also have this implemented on
another instance of RT that uses a MySQL backend instead of Oracle and
it does not have this problem.  Is it because session handling is not
stored in the DB when using Oracle?  It has nothing to do with the
actual jscript since I am using other jscripts that do not like the link
in Header either.  I could paste all the script text into the Header
file but that would be a lot of text in the HTML source.  I also noticed
that RTx-Shredder and other RT javascript is put right into the Header
Mason component.  Why?

Any tips or ideas?
Thanks!

Adam Myers