[rt-users] Memory leaks in RT and FastCGI source

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 26 09:14:31 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 07:54, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Are you seeing the leaks in the FastCGI process (mason_handler.fcgi) or
> the mod_perl children?  I've not heard much bad about mod_fastcgi,
> though I did notice that someone implemented a mod_fastcgi workalike for
> Apache2 that's all-new.

Memory leaks in long-running perl programs should be more or less
expected.  I thought both mod_perl and fastcgi had mechanisms to
kill and restart the processes after a certain amount of service.
You shouldn't have to kill the whole apache process to accomplish
this although I don't know exactly what does control it in fastcgi.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com