[rt-users] Forward ticket as e-mail?

Chris Poupart chris.poupart at mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 27 15:52:48 EDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:25:54 -0400, Steven E. Ames <sames at officescape.com>
wrote:

<snip>
> Except that the comment only contains what you put in it... you'd still
> have to copy/paste from other parts of the ticket to send the person the
> ticket history. But it is, perhaps, good enough for my purposes :) Thank
> you.

This is one area that I find our new RT users get confused with.  There
are two "types" of replies and comments.  At the top right of the ticket
is what I call the "empty reply" and "empty comment" options. They will
add a new reply or comment without quoting any of the ticket.  The other
locations are on each transaction in the history of the ticket.  Those
"reply" and "comment" options quote the content of that section of the
history.

So, we simply use comment button that will include the quote that includes
the history that we need.  90% of the time we are able to find a
transaction in the history that has all of the information needed.

~~ Chris