[SPAM?] [rt-users] Backup Procedure

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Fri Oct 28 09:31:00 EDT 2005

It has been my experience that I can build a new box and resolve the
dependencies with CPAN faster than I can spool from tape.  I keep ASCII
backups from the first, fifteenth, and last day of each month, as well
as the entire current and one previous months.  scp them off to one or
more other servers, and good to go.

Less space to backup, and no tape spooling makes me happy.

DB