[rt-users] RT 3.0.1 to 3.latest user and mysql db import possible?

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Thu Sep 1 00:29:46 EDT 2005

Looks like I'm mighty close...  I was able to upgrade the 3.0.1 db through
the various increments (I think).

I get a RT login screen.  When I log in, I get:

You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web
server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next step
is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's
mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler. If you need commercial support,
please contact us at sales at bestpractical.com.

/etc/groups:

rt:x:501:apache

I'm guessing the problem is a mistake here:

#
   NameVirtualHost frankie.vigilancemonitoring.com:80
   <VirtualHost frankie.vigilancemonitoring.com:80>
     ServerAdmin Frankie at Easyrider.com
     ServerName frankie.vigilancemonitoring.com
     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
<Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
       Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
       AllowOverride None
</Directory>
# Pass through requests to for noauth
     Alias /NoAuth/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/
     ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
</VirtualHost>
   FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
   FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4