[rt-users] End users Replying to resolved tickets...

Les Stott support at cyberpro.com.au
Thu Sep 1 03:58:48 EDT 2005

Hi All,

one of the most annoying things for us is when we close of a ticket and
send a reply (along with the standard resolved ticket response) to an
end user, then quite often reply back with "thanks". Trouble is that it
re-opens the resolved ticket and we have to resolve it again.
Even if we tell them in the reply not to reply unless there is a problem
they dont read it, they don't even read the resolved ticket response
they get which also tells them only to reply if there is still a problem.

Now that's just the way end-users are, i can accept that, but i thought
i would see if anyone has attempted or done something along the lines
of.....

"If a user replies to a resolved ticket with only "thanks" in the body,
accept the message back but dont re-open the ticket. We still see the
email come through but dont need to re-resolve the ticket."

Could something like this be done?

Regards,

Les