[rt-users] End users Replying to resolved tickets...

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:33:23 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Les Stott <support at cyberpro.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> one of the most annoying things for us is when we close of a ticket and
> send a reply (along with the standard resolved ticket response) to an
> end user, then quite often reply back with "thanks". Trouble is that it
> re-opens the resolved ticket and we have to resolve it again.
> Even if we tell them in the reply not to reply unless there is a problem
> they dont read it, they don't even read the resolved ticket response
> they get which also tells them only to reply if there is still a problem.
>
> Now that's just the way end-users are, i can accept that, but i thought
> i would see if anyone has attempted or done something along the lines
> of.....
As variant you can override Reply-To mail header in the reply
template, but this will prevent all users replies to resolve messages.

> "If a user replies to a resolved ticket with only "thanks" in the body,
> accept the message back but dont re-open the ticket. We still see the
> email come through but dont need to re-resolve the ticket."
Yes, you could do it:
* you should create new scrip that resolve ticket if status changes
from resolved to open and message contains thanks...
* and you also should change resolve scrip because it shouldn't
trigger second resolve.

You can use examples from wiki as constructor parts, AFAIK there is
exist all parts you need on the wiki.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.