[rt-users] ModifyCustomField doesn't work on Global Settings

Rodolfo de Moraes Reis rmreis at cpqd.com.br
Fri Sep 2 12:55:26 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I've been using RT 3.4.3 and in "Global Group Rights", if I grant the Owner Role with "ModifyCustomField" (because I wanna that ONLY the Owner changes custom field value), this has no effect (Owner keep gets "Permission Denied"). Although, if I grant this right to a group (here is another problem, cause there's no Roles in follow page, so I have to use a group.... why isn't there Roles??) through "Group Rights for Custom Field X" page, it's works... But it's not what I need, because in this case everybody in that Group have right to change it.

So, is this a bug or is there another way to solve my problem?! Maybe I'm doing something wrong... :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rodolfo de Moraes Reis
Diretoria de Soluções de