[rt-users] Fwd: RT RPM for Mandriva?

Iggep iggep at iggepsrealm.com
Fri Sep 2 21:23:06 EDT 2005

Since I can't seem to locate an RPM for Mandriva, I guess its back to the
harder way.  As I mentioned I'm having trouble at fixdeps, which I understand
isn't an RT issue, but rather a perl issue.  For some reason which I haven't
yet been able to figure out, fixdeps isn't installing the missing CPAN
modules as it should.

Currently I'm missing the following:
MASON dependencies:
        Params::Validate 0.02...MISSING
        HTML::Mason 1.23...MISSING
        Apache::Session 1.53...MISSING
        XML::RSS 1.05...MISSING
        HTTP::Server::Simple::Mason 0.09...MISSING
CORE dependencies:
        DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.26...MISSING
        Log::Dispatch 2.0...MISSING

I've already run perl -MCPAN - e shell without trouble, but fixdeps refuses to
install those missing modules.  If I try to install them manually I get the
same problem of course.  I've never messed with perl before so I'm not even
sure what I'm looking at when I review the mountain of text that results from
"perl -MCPAN -e 'install HTML::Mason'".

The final bit of it simply says
"1 test skipped.
Failed 27/28 test scripts, 3.57% okay. 92/92 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
make: *** [test] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force"

reading back up through the text shows that there was a problem early on, but
I don't know enough to decipher what that problem is exactly.

So....... can anyone point me in the right direction here?  What should I be
looking for to correct whatever this problem is?

I'm running Mandriva LE 2005 with perl-5.8.6-6.1.102mdk installed.  Thanks for
any hints here.