[rt-users] how to mysqldump from rt 3.0.8 to new machine with rt 3.4.3?

mark matyas mark at library.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:43:56 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out the process for exporting/dumping/importing the
RT 3.0.8 database (on mysql 4.1.0-alpha) to a new machine with RT 3.4.3
(on mysql 4.1.10a). 3.0.8 doesn't seem to have an RT dump script like
3.4.3 does. I'm inclined to just use mysqldump, but my initial research
tells me there's some manual editing of the dump file before importing?
Any help/hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark Matyas
UCSC Library