[rt-users] Configuring Apache2 with FastCGI for RT 3.4.2

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Sep 9 17:41:50 EDT 2005

I'm trying to configure an RT 3.4.2 virtual host (SSL) in Apache2 with
FastCGI (RT 3.4.2), but I keep getting this message when I try to access
the page with my browser:

    You don't have permission to access / on this server.'

The Apache error log says this:

   client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

And here's a portion of my httpd.conf (actually ssl.conf):

    <VirtualHost 169.229.1.165:443>
       SSLEngine on
       DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data
       ServerName sns2.berkeley.edu:443
       ServerAdmin mikef at ack.berkeley.edu
       ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
       TransferLog /var/log/httpd-access.log
       <Directory /usr/local/www/data>
          Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
          AllowOverride None
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
       </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>
#
    <VirtualHost 169.229.1.165:444>
       SSLEngine on
       DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
       ServerName sns2.berkeley.edu:444
       ServerAdmin mikef at ack.berkeley.edu
       ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error.log
       TransferLog /var/log/httpd-access.log
       <Location />
          AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
          SetHandler fastcgi-script
       </Location>
       Alias /NoAuth/images/ /usr/local/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
       AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
       ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
       <Directory /usr/local/rt3/share/html>
          Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
          AllowOverride None
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
       </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

I have no trouble accessing the virtual host at 443 (which is a non-RT web
site), so I figure it's the RT-related virtual host that's somehow
misconfigured.

Of course, there's more to my configuration than shown above (I didn't
want to include the whole thing here) and the problem may lie elsewhere.
But is there anything obviously wrong with my port 444 virtual host
configuration above that I might be missing?  Or should I be looking at
something else in particular?

Just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Friedman                   System and Network Security
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU          2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                  University of California at Berkeley
http://ack.Berkeley.EDU/~mikef  http://security.berkeley.edu