[rt-users] creating new ticket via mail

Andraz Sraka a at aufbix.org
Mon Sep 12 03:36:41 EDT 2005

re

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 23:38 -0400, Anne Ramey wrote:

> Both of these things are easily accomplished with scrips.  The first
> will be a scrip that sets the ticket owner on create.  I'm pretty sure
> the explicit instructions are in this list archive.  The second is a
> scrip that notifies the watchers/admin cc or whatever list you would
> like on create.  I have notify admin cc, set my admin cc list
> appropriately, and have this as a global scrip--works great.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong, so I need some assistance.

I've created a new queue. And two groups of people. One group (workers)
includes members, who see the queue and must do all the work according
to tickets. The other group (admins) are queue
administrators/moderators, who can everything the first group people can
+ some more stuff (as deleting tickets etc ..)

In configuration for this new queue under 'Watchers CC' I've included
first group (workers) of people (all that need to receive information
about new tickets via mail).

Under global configuration scripts I've created a new script that will
send Transaction template to all the Watchers CC.

Condition: On Create
Action: Notify CCs
Template: Global template: Transaction
Stage: TransactionCreate

.. so far so good.

Now I'd like action, when owner is known all the queue defined CC
Watchers must be ignored. So the mail isn't send to them. But all
watchers defined in ticket must still be notified.

And somebody give me some hints how to write script .. I've started
with

if ($self->TicketObj->OwnerObj->Id != $RT::Nobody->Id)
{
  // TODO
  // remove queue watchers from the ticket. Ignore them??
}

and now I got stucked. Also if there is a better way to solve this
problem, please let me know.

Regards,
 Andraz

--
BOFH excuse #154:

You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a fish (from most tunefs man pages)