[rt-users] Unchecking "Let this user be granted rights" results in hang

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Sep 13 01:44:49 EDT 2005

Afternoon All,
For quite a while we have been having a problem where is you uncheck the
"Let this user be granted rights" option the thread goes into a CPU spin
and never returns.

It happens in all 3.4 (including 3.4.4) and from memory 3.2 as well.

This is an install that started life at 3.0 and has been upgraded
reasonably frequently.   If I export the database over to a new machine
it happens there as well.

I just spent most of today upgrading dependancies and working on the
database trying to make the schema as close to the distribution one as
possible but aside from the Instance column in the Groups table being
varchar instead of Integer everything else is either right, or just a
few extra fields in the table.

I'm stumped.

We have a little under 9,000 tickets so it's not a big database and it
shows the same behaviour with the production system running FreeBSD 4.9,
Mysql 4.0.16, Apache 2.0.50, mod_perl 1.99, Perl 5.8.4 and with my dev
machine running FreeBSD 5.4, Mysql 4.1.9, Apache 2.0.54, mod_fastcgi
2.4.2, perl 5.8.6.

It looks like someone called "murphy at genome" had the same problem in
February with 3.2 which is described in this email;
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/40981?search_string=Let%20this%20user%20be%20granted%20rights;#40981

Any help here would be appreciated.

Carl.