[rt-users] Seting RTFM Custom Fields with Values from RT Ticket

Vaida Alisauskaite Vaida.Alisauskaite at stud.ktu.lt
Tue Sep 13 02:40:39 EDT 2005

Hello,

I would like to use RTFM for translating security advisories and need to
automatize the "Extract article from ticket" to CERTAIN CUSTOM FIELDS of a
certain class.
Is it possible to make it using scrips? Or perhaps I am going the wrong way?

This is how i was trying to create a new article and automatically set the
custom fiel values (however it does't work):

Custom condition:
--------
if ($self->Ticket->Status eq 'new') and ($self->Ticket->QueueObj->Name
eq 'advisory') and (self->Ticket->RequestorAddresses eq 'sec-adv at secunia.com')
{return 1;}
else
{return 0;}
--------

Custom action cleanup code:
--------
my $FROM = self->Ticket->RequestorAddresses;
$self->Class->LoadByCols(Name => '$FROM');
my $Article = new RT::FM::Article($RT::FM::SystemUser);
$Article->Load(self->Article());
$CustomField->Load($self->CustomField());

my %Array = (
'TITLE:' , '',
'SECUNIA ADVISORY ID:'   , '',
'VERIFY ADVISORY:' , '',
'CRITICAL:' , '',
'IMPACT:' , '',
'WHERE:' , '',
'SOFTWARE:' , '',
'SOLUTION:' , '',
'PROVIDED AND/OR DISCOVERED BY:' , ''
);

while(<>)
{
chomp;
$_ =~ s/\s+//;
if (defined($Array{$_}))
        {
        $indexas = $_;
        }
elsif ($indexas ne '')
        {
        push(@{$Array1{$indexas}}, $_);
        }

}

foreach $myField (keys %Array) {
  foreach $myContent (@{$Array1{$myField}}) {
    $self->AddCustomFieldValue(
			Field => $myField',
			Content => $myContent
			)
  }
--------

Any help how to fill the RTFM custom fields with certain text from a RT ticket
would be appreciated.

Vaida        vaida.alisauskaite at ktu.lt