[rt-users] Making '10 newest unowned' less than global.

Scott Frisbie scottf at eacceleration.com
Wed Sep 14 13:17:03 EDT 2005

So far, no responses. Unfortunately, this is kind of a showstopper for
adding different departments into our RT install. It looks to me like
the whole thing hinges on /opt/rt3/share/html/Elements/MyRequests.
The query in there:

my $Query = "Owner = 'Nobody' AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open')";

needs to have some sort of conditional added into it along the lines of

AND( somethingGoesInHere       ->CurrentUserHasRight('SeeQueue'))

Otherwise it just grabs the first 10 results and
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html decides if you will get to see
any of the tickets.

There may be some way to get the conditional part in there by using a
nested query, but I am not enough of a MySQL whiz to get that to work so
far. I don't see anything in MyRequests to check the current user,
although it may be part of a larger include, but that would seem to be
crucial to getting the conditional to work.

The other option seems to be to write a new version of MyRequests and
then get it to integrate with the rest of RT.
Scott

>Scott McDermott wrote->------

Did you ever get any responses on this?

--