[rt-users] Hardware and Usage

Myers, Adam amyers at doubleclick.net
Wed Sep 14 18:28:04 EDT 2005

My company is replacing our current tracking system with RT.  There will
be a high volume of activity that RT needs to handle.

Our estimations on usage are as follows:
~50 queues (only a few visible to each users depending on permissions)
~600 total users (concurrent users is around 200-250 max)
~1000 tickets per day (max number)

The production hardware specs are as follows:
+ Solaris 10 x86 (fully spec'd)
+ 2- Ultra SPARC3 processors
+ ~8GB RAM
+ 2- 72GB high speed mirrored drives
+ Oracle DB on separate server
+ Latest versions of everything else

Is RT compatible with this hardware configuration?  I've seen the
articles on Sun's BigAdmin site but they are somewhat old.  The usage is
a concern but should be able to handle it right?  Some departments will
live and die by RT so it needs to be a concrete installation on the
right hardware.

Thanks in advance!

Adam Myers
Software Engineer