[rt-users] RT 3.4.4 and mod_perl1.99 - clarification

Steven E. Ames sames at officescape.com
Fri Sep 16 11:40:00 EDT 2005

> Steven E. Ames wrote:
>
> > Since your in there tweaking... could you try changing the check to:
> >
> >      die "RT does not support mod_perl 1.99. Please upgrade
> to mod_perl 2.0"
> >        if $ENV{'MOD_PERL'};
> >
> > That is to say remove the version check entirely. I'm not
> sure why RT is checking for 1.9 instead of just saying:
> >
> > $mod_perl::VERSION >= 2.0;
> >
> > 1.99.22 was when the big API change occurred... so it may
> actually work. Then again it may not. If it doesn't you'll
> want to upgrade to mod_perl 2.01.
>
> Well, I removed the check and it works!  Or it seems to at least, all
> pages seem to load fine, no errors :)  Am I in for some nasty
> suprises
> in the future, or can I consider this a "stable" test system?

I think your going to be OK. 1.99.22 was when the API change occurred. The only real problem you could bump into would be that some other piece of software checks version the way RT is.

Would suggest that RT change the check to

$mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99.22. That would cover your case and this bit of confusion.

-Steve