[rt-users] Changing a tag in a subject

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Wed Sep 21 09:31:46 EDT 2005

>Good day.
>
>We have RT 3.4.4 running.
>
>Our users asked me to insert something in mails generated by RT that
>would help to identify a queue that a ticket belongs to (for sorting
>purposes). To provide this, I decided to change RT tag this way:
>
>[ORG #Queue_Id-Ticket_Id].

   I don't know about the character set issue, but I believe RT
   parses this tag in the subject if a user replies to an email.
   If you change the format in output, but not the parsing
   routine, you won't be able to append to a ticket via email.

   I'd suggest leaving the tag as is, and adding the queue name
   separately afterwards.

      bobg