[rt-users] Upgrading 2.0.15->3.2.3. Anyone got it to work?

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Thu Sep 22 14:13:12 EDT 2005

Tom Lichti wrote:

> Drew Barnes wrote:
>
>> You are putting 2.0.15 on a new box?  Do you have a mysqldump from an
>> existing install?
>
> Yes.
>

>> If you do, install 2.0.15 and load the db from the mysql dump.  then
>> untar 3.2.3, configure, and run make upgrade.  Make sure you follow
>> the schema/acl/content upgrade instructions at the end of make upgrade.
>
> I did the 2.0.15 install and load, which worked great. But in the
> 3.2.3 upgrade instructions is says to use the rt2-to-rt3 package? make
> upgrade doesn't seem to 'do the right thing'...

Yeah, that was my mistake.  I should know better than to type while
ignoring people who walk into my office.

I can't recall which version of DBIx::SearchBuilder you need to back
down to, but I think it was in the neighborhood of .93.  That was just
too long ago for me to remember, but all I find in the list archives is
that it has to be lower than 1.12.

Sorry for the wrong info in that last email.