[rt-users] (busy) function call causes browser timeout

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Thu Sep 22 14:53:16 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:49:58AM -0400, Ryan von Gleich wrote:
> The error message that I am receiving is:
>

> The page cannot be displayed
>
> Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.
>
> Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
> Error Code 1460: timeout
>
> Background: The gateway could not receive a timely response from the
> website you are trying to access, a DNS server, or another gateway
> server. This might indicate that the network is congested or that the
> website is experiencing technical difficulties.
>

> I have an action that I added to Ticket_Overlay.pm that clones a current
> ticket as many times as the user needs.  It is called from Display.html
> with the following code

The browser is timing out waiting for the server to send
something (anything). I would do 2 things:

1. Work on the making the clone process faster. (not easy)

2. Rework the interface to that status information is periodically
sent to the browser. This involves an occassional print (Or Mason
output) and flushing the buffer.

-Todd