[rt-users] Few things in RT that annoy me and my support.

popeye popeye at popeye.ws
Fri Sep 23 07:16:08 EDT 2005

Ok i'm new in lis but using RT since May and now i have 3GB of tickets and 4
supporters which work with them..

We use 3.4.4 but it after upgrade from 3.2.3,
We on FreeBSD 5.3, apache 1.3.x, mysql 4.1.14, mod_perl 1.29, perl 5.8.6
This systems have 1G of RAM.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

RT DB have  115,410 of tickets (a lot of deleted bacause of spam)
2.3 GB of Attachements
1,347,963 - CachedGroupMembers
Transactions -  505,764
and for last Users table  - 84,472..
We use RT for support our products, so our users send to public mails we
receive it into RT then support answer and resolve on tickets...

And now problems:
1. it's slow for us.. i think because we have so large db
innodb parameters:
innodb_buffer_pool_size=256M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
sort_buffer=2M

2. 30 newest unowned tickets
i set it for 10.000 tickets on ferst page - because i don't know why (but
thing because deleted tickets) it not show me 200 if i set it to 200... it
show me only 20-30 but old tickets (which have user Nobody and support not
resolve yet) it don't show.. same thing if i click on this link on top of
table (10000 newest unowned tickets ) -> i moved to search page, but page
empty, i click Next there only 2 tickets then again click on Next, there no
tickets.
When i set $MyRequestsLength to 10.000 it not show me 10.000 mails it show me
mails at about 1000. If i click on link "10000 newest unowned tickets" it
show me Found 30,762 tickets.
I search in mail list about this and I thing  it is like this old mails
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-October/002650.html
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-December/019008.html
but no solutions how to fix it..

3. After upgrade to 3.4.4 i get interesting bug "Empty mail history" i click
on ticket -> it show me all except headers and history of mail.. I restart
apache it shows again.. Sometimes it not shows when i restart apache, then i
restart mysql it show me history again.. Deleteing files in var/mason_data
not help. This occurs every day.

4. After upgrade to 3.4.4 session table is crashed every day too, i must
repair this table.. I set write apache sessions, but not thing thats ok..

Well, help me please. sorry for my english. I will glad listen any help about
my problems. Thank you.

P.S. I like RT very much..
P.P.S. I know Ruslan Zarikov developer of RT. I want talk with you by icq or
email on russian. if you don't mind