[rt-users] Backing up the system

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 23 17:03:13 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 14:10, Bruce Rudd wrote:

> That is what I am looking at doing.  Well, having IT do for me anyway.
> I am just not sure what all the location are for all of the pieces I
> need to backup.

The perl modules install into your system perl location and as
some recent messages here have shown, different versions don't
always work so you might not be able to grab fresh copies from
CPAN.  If you plan to rebuild from scratch on similar hardware,
someone should work out how to do a bare metal recovery from
the tar images.  There is just some grunge work involved making
the partitions and filesystems and making it bootable after the
restore that will depend on your OS version and disk layout.
If you plan to rebuild an updated version instead you would just
need your database and your RT_SiteConfig.pm (and probably a
lot more time).  Somewhere in between would be keeping copies
of all the CPAN modules and your current version of RT so you
could re-install into any reasonably similar OS.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com