[rt-users] email attachments

Abilash Praveen M abilashpraveen82 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 04:19:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

My site config is here..

# For mysql and oracle, we set this size at 10 megabytes.
# If you're running a postgres version earlier than 7.1, you will need
# to drop this to 8192. (8k)

Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);

# $TruncateLongAttachments: if this is set to a non-undef value,
# RT will truncate attachments longer than MaxAttachmentSize.

Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);

# $DropLongAttachments: if this is set to a non-undef value,
# RT will silently drop attachments longer than MaxAttachmentSize.

Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

It looks like any attachment more than 1MB emailed to create ticket doesn't get through. I have few questions.

1) How do I set RT up so that it creates tickets even if the attachment is more than 1 MB?
2) How can I increase the attachment size to mroe than 1 MB?
3) How do I tell the client if the attachment has been refused because of the size?

I think that is all for now.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regarrds,
Abilash Praveen M