[rt-users] Save some DIGITAL space and confusion in RT.LOG - possible modification for all updates of RT

tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Wed Sep 28 10:53:45 EDT 2005

I have been running RT now for a few months and was not able to find the source of
The following pollution in the RT.log file.

===[START EXAMPLE]

[Wed Sep 28 10:39:44 2005] [warning]: Queue->CustomFields is deprecated, use Queue->TicketCustomFields instead at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Queue_Overlay.pm line 516.
 (/opt/rt3/local/lib/RT_Local.pm:104)
[Wed Sep 28 10:39:44 2005] [warning]: Queue->CustomFields is deprecated, use Queue->TicketCustomFields instead at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Queue_Overlay.pm line 516.
 (/opt/rt3/local/lib/RT_Local.pm:104)
[Wed Sep 28 10:39:44 2005] [warning]: Queue->CustomFields is deprecated, use Queue->TicketCustomFields instead at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Queue_Overlay.pm line 516.
===[END EXAMPLE]

But I have finally found it and changed the necessary file!!!  Now I have reduced the log pollution majorly!!!
I recommend this change be added to all future versions of RT - and to be modified in all existing RT installations by the administrator of that system.  It is easy and will save you mindless headaches!

The source of this frustration is the "SPREADSHEET" option of the queue listings.

I changed Results.tsv and placed it in the following folder:
/opt/rt3/local/html/Search/Results.tsv

===[START MODIFICATION]
# TJM - 09/28/05 - Updated the reference to CustomFields because of this error message in logs:
# 		   [warning]: Queue->CustomFields is deprecated, use Queue->TicketCustomFields instead
#        my $cfs = $Ticket->QueueObj->CustomFields();
        my $cfs = $Ticket->QueueObj->TicketCustomFields();
===[END MODIFICATION]

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT