[rt-users] Re: EX_TEMPFAIL

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 28 20:06:39 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 05:28:07AM -0700, Joel p wrote:
>    I  got  thrown into this RT. I am green. I have a question. When email
>    is  sent  to support it gets to the mail que then stops. It gives this
>    error.
>
>    delivery   of   mail   with   the   command  /usr/lib/sendmail  -v  -q
>    -C/etc/mail/sendmail.cf ..
> Running /var/spool/mqueue/j8NHVDWt027735 (sequence 1 of 1)
> "|rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://137.218.0.4/rt"...
> Connecting to prog...
> mailer prog died with signal 11
> "|rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://137.218.0.4/rt"...
> Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
> I am not sure where to go. I have searched the web. Please help.

IIRC, smrsh has a config file into which you have to put the names of
things you're going to put in there as targets.

If that's not enough hint (I've never done it, just read about it here :-)
c'mon back for more.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!