[rt-users] RT performance or feature request

lwang lwang at clusterfs.com
Mon Apr 3 04:14:52 EDT 2006

Hi there,
Now RT will list all children of a ticket including non-direct children.

I have a ticket containing a very deep hierarchy tree, around 5,000
tickets, but with only 50 direct children.  Disastrously, it takes RT
around 20 minutes to opening the ticket.

When I dived into this problem, I found that the time was spent on
querying mysql database, around 15 minutes.

Do you have any idea on improving the performance of mysql.

My box: 4G mem, dual Intel 2.8 G.

If we can't improve the performance of mysql, is it possible to list
only the direct children?

Thanks for any hint.

- Wang