[rt-users] top 10 view pruned to < 10 by permissions

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 7 15:15:43 EDT 2006

> Is there some way to make that top 10 view really be the 10 that the
> user is allowed to see rather than the subset of the top 10 overall?

The hack that was posted to the list should definitely do what you want.
The reason we can't do that in "core RT" is that it would really badly
break RT (in a more catastrophic fashion than the current breakage) on
systems with many queues.

The downside of RT having a rich access control system is that it's not
really plausible to express it entirely inside a SQL query. At least not
inside one that will run in finite time. So we end up having to do the
ACL tests after loading the tickets. We've got a design for a sliding
window to keep loading pages of tickets until we get the ones you want.
But it's still a design.

Jesse