[rt-users] Intermittent display of changed Quick Search

Steven Platt Steven.Platt at HPA.org.uk
Thu Apr 13 08:32:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to include stalled tickets in the Quick Search on RT at a Glance.

I've followed the advice from the mailing list archives (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=rt
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=rt&do=search_results&sear
ch_forum=forum_3&search_string=quick+search&search_type=AND>
&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_3&search_string=quick+search&search_ty
pe=AND ) and copied Quicksearch from <path to RT>/share/html/Elements to
<path to RT>/local/html/Elements, where a few simple changes were made
(modified Quicksearch attached). I've tried with & without 'chmod 755' if it
makes a difference.

The changes are only displayed periodically. They're usually OK when I first
log in, but sometimes page refreshes and returning to the Home page cause
the original Quicksearch table to be displayed. I'm at a loss!!
We've only got 4 queues and all SQL queries return < 10 tickets in each
status so I don't think there's a problem anywhere other than in RT ... but
I could be wrong.

Any help appreciated. TIA

RT v3.4.2 (I know later versions already have what I need but we're not
looking to upgrade yet)
Perl v5.8.6

Steve

Steve Platt
Bioinformatics Support Co-ordinator
Bioinformatics Unit: Statistics, Modelling & Bioinformatics Department
Center for Infections
Health Protection Agency
61 Colindale Avenue
London