[rt-users] Errors when replying to a ticket with a very long subject

Ted Cabeen ted at impulse.net
Thu Apr 13 18:46:59 EDT 2006

"Ruslan Zakirov" <ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com> writes:

> I think this was changed in some early releases of the RT 3.0, but
> this was never add to the upgrade scripts or may be there were no such
> scripts that time.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/commit/32003 looks as related.
>
> Ted, you can alter Tickets table and set length of the Subject field to 200.

I went to a VARCHAR(255).  We could probably use a TEXT field, but I
figured I'd stick with VARCHAR for now.

> We also need this ALTER TABLE queries in etc/upgrade/3.4.6/schema.*
> files. Ted, could you make patch for this? :)

Sure.  Here's the alter table statements you'll need:

ALTER TABLE transactions ADD COLUMN temp VARCHAR(255);
UPDATE transactions SET temp = data;
ALTER TABLE transactions RENAME COLUMN data TO deleteme;
ALTER TABLE transactions RENAME COLUMN temp TO data;
ALTER TABLE transactions DROP COLUMN deleteme;

--
Ted Cabeen
Sr. Systems/Network Administrator