[rt-users] Interesting problem with preferences

Mathew Snyder msnyder at servervault.com
Mon Apr 17 22:46:43 EDT 2006

While looking at, playing with and working out the kinks of our new,
(hopefully) soon to be live server, a user found something interesting.
 He was attempting to change his preferrences for "My Tickets" under RT
at a glance.  The specific change was to add a column to the "Show
Columns" list.

This change resulted in successfully adding the column to the list.
However, the unexpected result is the loss of his ability to view the
tickets he owns on the home page.  The title bar is there with all the
column headers, but no tickets.

This has been repeated using other users, new tickets and other
settings.  For example, by changing the "Order by:" option to something
and saving, the same result is achieved.  In addition, after any change
is saved, the "Order by:" list is reset with AdminCc.EmailAddress as the
setting to order by.  This cannot be changed as it merely resets.

Has this been experienced by others?  How can I fix it?

--
Mathew Snyder
Systems Administrator