[rt-users] Moving to a new server and upgrading from 3.0.5 to 3.4.5

rt3 at acerhomes.com rt3 at acerhomes.com
Wed Apr 19 00:25:36 EDT 2006

hello guys,

I already spent some days already doing this.
My new system is running at Fedora 5 distro. and using the latest
Postgresql and Apache with mod_perl.

My old system is running at Redhat 9, Postgres 7.3.2, Apache 2.0.40 with
fastcgi installed.

What i did first, i successfully installed RT 3.4.5 in new system but I
tried first to connect to old postgres from old system so that I can still
retrieve our existing data.  Here are some initial issues I found.

1. ticket details are displayed except the issue messages itself
2. internal error when I created a new ticket.
3. can't take ownership of one ticket
4. i can no longer log-in from old RT 3.0.5

I tried to compare the new data structures with old one and changed
accordingly but still not working.

Hopefully, you can give some lights on what should I do.