[rt-users] Charting not working (3.6.0pre1) -- how to debug?

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Wed Apr 19 14:25:53 EDT 2006

Could someone else who is running 3.6.0pre1 try the oddly-spaced "chart     grouped by " option at the bottom of a list of tickets (for example, if you click on a queue name under "Quick Search" from the homepage)?  When I do it, I get no chart: IE shows me a busted graphic symbol above a tabular list of tickets, and Firefox shows me the same tabular list with nothing above it.

I've searched the logs and don't see any errors; I've reinstalled GD::Graph manually to be sure it's happy, and run the samples.

I think that it's share/html/Search/Chart that does the charting.  How can I debug this?  I'm trying to learn to fish here; if someone can give me a hint I promise to learn from it!

What I'd like to do is turn on tracing in that component so I can see what it's really doing, but I don't know how to do that.

I've read the Wiki page on Debug and have tried to log to disk, but that doesn't seem to work.  I have:

Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");
Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');

In RT_SiteConfig.pm

And:
-rw-r--r--  1 apache apache 0 Apr 19 12:16 rt.log

In /opt/rt3/var/log.  I've restarted httpd and the file never gets updated.

...phsiii