[rt-users] custom scrip help - mail to GROUP

TeleMole telemole at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:19:10 EDT 2006

Hi all,

We use RT to distribute tickets to various groups within our IT dept.
Tickets are created in a master drop queue called IT - then our
helpdesk folks assign this ticket to another queue which has a
specific work group associated with it (network, workstation etc...)

I want a mail to go out to the group associated with that newly
assigned queue when a job is moved from IT to that queue (ie. "There
is new work in your queue - someone please take the ticket")  This way
the appropriate person can take the ticket.  We don't want them to
have to sit and monitor the queue all day - and an email to the gropu
would be perfect - anyone doing this? or know how?

Cheers,
Sean Daniels